Job and internship opportunities
Ekistic Ventures is a group of urban problem-solvers who are actively cultivating a portfolio of disruptive companies that bring new solutions to critical urban problems. A key component of our thesis is bringing data-driven solutions to bear as we try to solve broad issues. We analyze large data sets, build predictive models, collaborate in small teams, and strive for on-time delivery of projects. We are looking for talented data scientists to work on a number of complex problems.
We have opportunities for everything from internships to starting-level jobs and experienced mid-career applicants. We value detail-oriented people from diverse academic and personal backgrounds with demonstrable quantitative and problem-solving talents.
- Work with colleagues to structure complex client problems to be solved using imperfect data
- Enhances, finds patterns in, and builds predictive models on large data sets
- Maintain a continuous and independent education on cutting-edge statistical techniques and programming languages
- Write scripts to build databases
- Develop and adhere to a quality control process
- Work with Managers to derive clear, actionable, and timely insights
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject (statistics, math, computer science, economics, physics, political science, etc.)
- Demonstrable talent for and experience with working with large data sets
- Demonstrable talent for and experience with programming languages such as SQL, R, Python
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
To submit an application, please send a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Data Scientist
Ekistic seeks research assistants to work on a range of projects involving disruptive technologies that have the potential to improve quality of life in cities. Potential themes include data analytics, cyber security applications, the internet of things (IOT), urban transportation, food security, blockchain, and preserving affordable housing. Responsibilities include broad research into industries and competitors followed by a detailed understanding of the startup itself and its success factors. Most of this diligence is thematic rather than financial. Expect to work fluidly with the small team, where everyone adds input based on their own varied backgrounds and expertise.
- Current student or recent graduate in a relevant field such as political science, urban studies, economics, finance, computer science, criminal justice, etc.
- Research or work experience in urban policy, venture capital, government, politics, and/or finance
- Proficient with Google apps
- Professional writing skills
- Relevant experience.
We are seeking diverse applicants with a variety of skills and backgrounds. All candidates with an interest in urban issues, technology, and/or specific subject areas mentioned above are encouraged to apply.
To submit an application, please send a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Research Assistant